The Knowledge Manager will support key business and people objectives. The KM will work across lines of the organization on business-specific and enterprise-wide strategic initiatives. The work is focused on assessing and diagnosing organizational needs, driving change, and delivering best-in-class knowledge development solutions that support company's strategic vision.
Programs and initiatives will include both knowledge capture programs such as knowledge transition, lessons learned, best practices, and communities of practice, as well knowledge technology programs such as knowledge exchange and enterprise search. The PM is expected to leverage data to create and present PowerPoint to deliver key insights to drive change and advance initiatives.
Knowledge Management Sector Strategy, Planning and Operations: Develop and Execute
- Provide knowledge solution design support in execution of company's knowledge management strategic initiative
- Provide strategic input to assigned company's business group including account planning processes; recommend specific knowledge strategy and tactics to support priorities and achievement of strategic objectives
- Consult with client groups and KM business partners on Knowledge design
- Support overall execution and/or oversight of knowledge management programs and initiatives. Specifically drive processes related to:
- Accessing insights and key practice information through development and maintenance of intranet portal or though content search
- Developing curated content collections of internal/external knowledge around key issues, frequently requested or strategic content areas, working with CoPs to identify gaps/needs
- Managing people data in support of business communication, expertise finding and knowledge sharing activities
- Driving adoption of communities, social media, and collaboration platforms to support customer’s strategic objectives
- Creating and facilitating live knowledge sharing forums/exchanges to develop networks and identify best practices, insights and innovations
- Ensuring all knowledge created/curated is contributed to internal repositories and shared across the business group; build awareness and adoption of knowledge programs and tools among practitioners
- Assisting assigned business teams in optimizing the use knowledge management processes, tools and infrastructure
- Represent business group stakeholders and communities in broader initiatives or discussions, ensuring the operational area’s knowledge management needs are well-represented
Value Delivery: Enable Impact Measurement/Continuous Improvement
- Support KM Leadership to establish relevant impact measurement and value delivery techniques and metrics for KM services
- Lead/support cross-department initiatives and continuous improvement programs working closely with KM Leadership
Network: Build Relationships
- Establish and actively maintain relationships and practical interactions across stakeholder groups on strategic initiatives requiring knowledge and content management support
- Coach and/or manage the work of KMO and community team members to complete projects
- Work with diverse, distributed teams to achieve business results
Knowledge Sharing / Documentation
- Develops process for and contributes to maintenance of critical project documentation for all projects and processes
- Create presentations, reports and/or documentation to support company
- knowledge initiatives, their creation, implementation, maintenance or improvement
- Participate actively with points of view, ideas, opinions and other input in meetings, discussion databases, and other forums
- Monitors metrics for areas of improvement; recommends best methods to define, track and measure success
- Participate in management of business group taxonomy values and update process with Taxonomy team.
- Implement processes, standards, and guidelines related to Knowledge Management across assigned business groups, working closely with the KMO teams based in Westchester, New York.
- Enable effective end-to-end content management capabilities in support of easy access and content re-use using online platforms
- Ensure that a consistent set of company Knowledge products and services is executed effectively and with impact in the sector partner with client groups, committees and strategic teams to support change as they implement significant changes in their organizations.
- Ideal candidate will be an experienced, creative, independent thinker who has excellent research, analytical, collaborative and strategic skills; critical thinking and proactive problem solving abilities, coupled with extremely strong verbal and written communication and relationship building skills
- Candidate will have proven project management experience with ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects, cross-functional stakeholders and remote teams
- In-depth understanding of the assigned industry; strong subject matter expertise in industry/sector trends, external market developments, and applied business needs
- Candidate should also be adaptive and flexible as conditions change and have experience working as a change agent to influence others
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management; self-starter
- Exceptional relationship building/relationship management skills to establish rapport, trust and confidence with account teams. Team player
- Detail oriented, ability to adapt to changing environment
- Energetic, enthusiastic and organized
- Demonstrated group facilitation and presentation skills
- Strong technical literacy, with knowledge of technology that enables collaboration and/or process consulting
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced studies in knowledge management will be given additional consideration.
- 5+ years of experience in change management related to operational, knowledge, or process enterprise projects.
- Experience with electronic knowledge, repository management, intranets/portals, collaborative and social media tools, Taxonomy, SharePoint experience a plus