An Account Planner’s responsibilities include:
- Development of media plans in accordance with the objectives and strategies provided by clients, including stewardship and optimization of campaign results.
- Full understanding of all media types and the ability to select appropriate tactics to achieve client goals and performance objectives.
- Responsible for all facets of the media process, from plan development to implementation, billing, and ongoing results analysis.
The Account Planner’s responsibilities include, but are not limed to:
- Fluency with agency system, processes and data set up
- Verify accuracy of all data entered in system by assistant account planners
- Full understanding of Nielsen data and media math
- Request, review and understand research and competitive information required to develop media strategies
- Gathering of all media rate information from buying team and the ability to identify media opportunities
- Development, implementation, and monitoring of the media plans
- Complete the ATB (Authorization to Buy) forms in accordance with the approved plan
- Coordination with broadcast team to ensure proper execution of media buy
- Pull media reports (daily and weekly) and provide media performance summary to clients and internal team
- Review and make appropriate buy management changes in accordance with campaign allowables/goals
- Assist in the research and resolution of invoice discrepancies