Administrative Assistant is to provide support to the company by maintaining a positive attitude, efficient work and contribute to an organized and comfortable work environment. As an Administrative Assistant, you will be responsible in finding and implementing new ways to improve existing office procedures, policies, systems, etc. Applicant must be extremely organized, resourceful, self-starting, self-motivated, able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, ability to prioritize responsibilities, and able to be flexible. The successful candidate will exhibit a “can do” attitude and follow through until tasks are completed. Candidate must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal in English and Spanish. This position requires strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook and the World Wide Web among other corporate software as required.
- Reports to the Human Resources Manager.
- As necessary, you may be assigned projects from the President, Sales and Marketing Manager, Project Administrator and Project Coordinator.
- The Administrative Assistant must possess the following qualifications:
- High School graduate or equivalent. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 3-7 years of experience.
- Must be able to successfully interact with all levels of staff and external subcontractors in person or by other telecommunication sources through clear and concise verbal and/or written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable personal transportation.
- Knowledge of phones systems, filing systems, office equipment.
- Strong writing skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and self-directed worker.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Prior experience in report preparation, project documentations, etc
- Ability to organize, plan, prioritize and develop multiple projects within time constraints.
- Proven computer proficiency in MS Office and Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint, the Internet and other corporate software as required.
- Must be willing to periodically take courses/seminars as needed to increase knowledge/proficiency for the position.
- Common sense and strong work ethic.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Provide excellent customer service by being responsible for answering/directing incoming calls appropriately, as well as greeting visitors and directing them to the appropriate office.
- Constantly look to improve existing office procedures/policies/systems, etc.
- Design implement/maintain an organized filing system to ensure efficient storage of and improve access to files.
- Implement/maintain office policies, establish policies and procedures, measure results against existing standards, and making any necessary adjustments/improvements.
- Prepare translation of documents or procure outside translation services as required.
- Arranging/confirming travel arrangements (i.e. hotel/plane/car reservations for company personnel)
- Assist Payroll by printing Field Time Sheets & cross referencing with reports from TMobile Vehicle GPS
- Track and keep current all the:
- President’s Electrical Licenses and CEU requirements
- Company Entity, License and Minority Business Statuses
- Company and Vehicle Registration – to include but not be limited to:
- DOT (Department of Transportation)
- NY State Vehicle Inspections
- NY State Vehicle Registrations
- Auto Insurance
- EZ Pass (must audit EZ Pass account for license plate accuracy)
- Coordinate with Warehouse staff, using information from the above list, to ensure:
- Proper vehicle maintenance is handled regularly (i.e., schedule inspections/periodic maintenance, ensure proper paper documentation, etc.)
- Vehicles have up-to-date vehicle binders with insurance cards, registration, gas cards, DOT Logs, etc.
- Registration & Company License decals are updated and displayed according to DMV law
- Ensure that all company logos & other representations (i.e. letterhead stock/business cards, uniforms etc.) are correct and in conformity.
- Work to protect and defend company interests/liabilities on a constant basis.
- Attend all company meetings; record/distribute meeting minutes, etc.
- Research & attend continuing educational courses regarding all responsibilities of the position.
- Sending/receiving/distributing faxes.
- Shipping/receiving/tracking of all office packages.
- Changing toner cartridges in all office machines and packing up old cartridges for return.
- Keeping fax machines, copy machines, and other office equipment loaded with paper.
- Responsible for updating and distributing updated company phone lists.
- Responsible for ordering and managing office supplies.
- Must be able to effectively trouble-shoot routine, non-routine and emergency situations.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with supervisors and/or co-workers.
- Must provide support as a company team-member to co-workers/supervisors by maintaining a positive attitude, efficient work methods, and contributing to a neat, clean and comfortable work environment.
- Any other tasks as requested by management personnel. For example, filing when needed; researching new equipment, etc.