Digital Solutions Delivery Specialist
The Digital Solutions Delivery Specialists are responsible for supporting the Digital Worker Program Manager to achieve the mandate of using technology to enhance employee decision-making in the plant, field, and office. These roles manage the delivery of products and solutions that make up the Digital Worker Program, are responsible for coordinating the delivery of services to company Operations customers, and develop and execute activities related to end-to-end project management, as well as monitor, manage and report on execution of deliverables. They have full ownership and management of deadlines, budgets, and activities across the program. They also serve as Product owners throughout the Life-Cycle of the specific Products for which they are accountable.
- Ensure execution of Digital Worker solution delivery across one or more Products/Solutions for assigned company sites.
- Ensure successful transition from Project to Product by providing onsite support.
- Assist or lead in developing supplier/vendor/sub-contractor strategy for service delivery.
- Manage vendors working on Digital Worker projects for conceptualizing, planning, designing and implementing the Digital Worker initiatives.
- Manage a wide range of complex stakeholder relationships and maintain a deep understanding of the needs of stakeholders to ensure all activities deliver the greatest value.
- Constantly strive to improve customer satisfaction ensuring the highest level of operational service delivery.
- Manage the project execution(s) through project completion ensuring compliance with the proposed solution and project business case. Track project costs and benefits at a high-level for supporting updates and refreshes of the Digital Worker business plan.
- Manage communication and interactions with stakeholders for status reporting, review scope of services, and timely delivery.
- Serve as Product owner for specific Digital Worker solutions and manage the life-cycle of these Products across company.
- Provide regular status updates to the Digital Worker Program Manager while managing contractors, and vendors with a variety of personality types and professional backgrounds.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated expertise and understanding of project/program management techniques and methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital worker ecosystem of tools and solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge company Site Operations and its component business units, including work functions, roles, schedules, dependencies, and tools.
- Demonstrated understanding of the power plant working culture; ability to shape change management approach to account for unique cultural particularities.
- Ability to manage a wide range of complex stakeholder relationships and have confidence in challenging the status quo and building trust with internal company customers, i.e., internal maintenance and support staff at company sites.
- Ability to work in complex multiple stakeholder environments, and complete plans on schedule.
- Ability to understand technical issues in collaboration with engineers and other Utility Operations technical specialists.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Digital Worker solutions and IT/OT principles and practices, industry standards, procedures, and trends, coupled with good understanding of company’s policies, operations, and objectives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NERC CIP standards and compliance requirements.
- Familiarity with specifications and quality assurance requirements for new products, materials, and equipment and systems used in the electric utility industries.
- Excellent knowledge of power generation and transmission, IT/OT, and operational systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate/collaborate with technology experts and subject matter experts.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to drive innovation and manage project execution.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Invested in customer success and driven to continuously improve customer service and user experience to drive value for the end user.
- Ability to gather technical, functional, and user requirements for future project initiation.
- Ability to anticipate key milestones and project dependencies/downstream implications to ensure succession, presentation, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to identify risks and escalate appropriately.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Industrial & Systems Engineering, or Computer Science, (4-year degree).
- 4+ years of experience in the Power Industry.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Experienced in management and oversight of technical contractors/consultants, and formulating recommendations to Digital Worker Program Manager.
- Experience working in a Union environment.
- Approximately 40% travel primarily within NY State.
- Ability to travel on demand to company project sites to conduct onsite evaluations, vendor coordination, customer support, training, and change management.