Facilities Branch Manager
Supports business operations by maintaining revenue; producing accounting information; protecting assets; providing computer and office services; managing staff.
* Accomplishes finance and office services human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
* Achieves finance and office services organizational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
* Meets finance and office services financial objectives by preparing the annual budget; coordinating schedules; collecting and consolidating information; forecasting requirements; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Maximizes returns and limits risk on idle cash by administering cash management procedures.
* Preserves assets by monitoring internal controls.
* Determines financial status by establishing and monitoring accounting procedures; completing audits; evaluating forecasts.
* Maintains revenue by producing billings; collecting accounts.
* Maintains computer operations by evaluating hardware and software; monitoring workflow; establishing service contracts.
* Maintains office operations by establishing methods and procedures; evaluating equipment; establishing service contracts.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Operations- Equipment / Trucks / Technology – the Branch Manager achieves profitable routes for 2- 10 trucks that maximize, client service, revenue and margins. Ensure all trucks and equipment are maintained and operated safely and utilized to capacity.
Accounting, People Management, Financial Skills, Financial Software, Forecasting, Developing Budgets, Software Maintenance, Tracking Budget Expenses, Facilities Coordination, SFAS Rules
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in the transportation industry
· 2 years’ experience in routing and scheduling drivers
· 3 years proven job related success in a management role, ideally as a branch manger
· Geographic familiarity of routes/traffic patterns at this location
· Basic Accounting skills – basic understanding of invoicing, billing and general math skills, ability to plan and monitor budgets
· An understanding and working knowledge of good business practices, including previous P&L management experience
· A thorough understanding of driving safety standards and regulations.
· Previous supervision of service and sales staff
· Other relevant transportation work experience i.e. customer service, operations etc.
· 5 years experience selling in a B2B service industry
· College Diploma in Business Administration or Finance or a combination of relevant training courses or experience in related fields may be acceptable in lieu of the academic requirements.
· Management experience in related industries may be weighted