• Bachelor’s degree with strong academic qualifications
• Minimum of four (4) to seven (7) years’ experience covering Financial Institutions, preferably at a “buy-side” institution, such as an insurance company or asset manager. Minimal travel is required. Candidates must be New York State residents or willing to relocate.
• Preference may be given to candidates with an MBA or CFA designation
• Strong communication and financial modeling skills
• Familiarity with Bloomberg API a plus
Credit analysts are sector specialists who work closely with the Chief Credit Officer and Portfolio Manager to identify sound investment opportunities within their assigned sectors.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Evaluate and monitor creditworthiness of corporate credits within assigned sectors;
• Keep abreast of industry and market developments that affect the credit portfolio;
• Produce written reports on individual credits;
• Conduct periodic reviews of assigned sectors, including the identification of industrywide strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, and likely implications for specific credit positions;
• Communicate with other buy-side, sell-side and rating agency analysts to enhance perspective;
• Review bond indentures, covenants and other terms related to bond offerings and corporate actions;
• Prepare financial models of material credit exposures, including “what-if” scenarios, to critically assess creditworthiness and proactively minimize potential credit losses;
• Respond in a timely manner to management requests for credit opinions and market perspective;
• Assist the investments team on key initiatives, special projects, and other credit matters;
• Collaborate with investment analytics to improve risk identification and monitoring tools;
• Coordinate with investment operations, accounting, and others on portfolio positions as needed;
• Communicate with the PM, trader and management on credit matters that affect the portfolio.