Fixed Income Credit Analyst (Special Investment Officer) NYC
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or Economics, with strong academic qualifications; MBA or CFA designation is preferred. Candidate must also have a minimum of five to seven (5-7) years of credit experience covering financial institutions or corporate credits, preferably at a “buy-side” institution, such as an insurance company or asset manager. Minimal travel required.
Candidates must be New York State residents or willing to relocate.
Seeking candidate with the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Superior Excel financial modeling skills;
• Self-motivated individual with sound reasoning and strong analytical and communication skills (verbal and written);
• A demonstrated ability to work well independently, and as part of a team;
• The ability to manage multiple time-sensitive assignments;
• Strong attention to detail and mental concentration needed to accurately perform tasks with potential interruptions;
• Strong academic record with knowledge of accounting;
• Familiarity with Bloomberg (including API) mandatory;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, etc.);
• Experience using Capital IQ or Aladdin a plus.
Illustrative Duties: Fixed Income Credit Analyst will underwrite and monitor credit positions for the company’s corporate fixed income investment portfolio of roughly $10 billion. The analyst will work closely with other analysts, the portfolio manager, and trader in seeking to identify relative value opportunities both within and between sectors.
The Analyst will be an industry specialist, assuming responsibility for analyzing, monitoring, and reporting on all credits within assigned sectors. Ideally, the candidate will have experience covering financial institutions, including banks and insurance companies, preferably at a buy-side institution. Dependent upon the area and level of experience, the analyst may work under the direction of a Senior Analyst for up to one year before assuming direct control of the assigned sectors.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Underwriting and actively monitoring credit exposures;
• Identifying relative trading opportunities and minimizing credit losses;
• Conducting periodic reviews of assigned sectors and relative value opportunities;
• Assisting the investments team on key initiatives, special projects, and other credit-related functions;
• Collaborating with investment analytics on the development and maintenance of desk systems and tools;
• Liaising with investment operations, accounting, and others on portfolio positions as needed;
• Communicating with the Chief Investment Officer, Chief Credit Offer, Chief Risk Officer and Portfolio Manager on industry and credit specific developments that might materially impact the portfolio.