Laboratory Information System Clinical Analyst. This role will support the core functions of the laboratory information systems to enable high quality, efficient and safe patient care. The Laboratory Systems Clinical Analyst is responsible for the management and performance of the Laboratory Information System which includes Clinical, Anatomic Pathology and Radiology. This role is responsible for verifying accuracy and the timely delivery of all patient results and identifying system issues and taking corrective action to resolve.
The incumbent will review LIS interfacing and focus on leading the successful implementation and delivery of interface solutions to clinical systems for various healthcare applications. The Laboratory Information Systems Clinical Analyst will have experience with Laboratory Information Systems and working with automated processes in the Lab Setting. This individual will serve as an expert for the LIS functions for the organization and will lead the team in new implementations and updates. Responsibilities include developing interface specification documents, configuring interface applications in accordance with specifications, developing scripts, and managing the interface components. This position works directly with vendors/healthcare organizations in designing, developing, implementing and supporting integration solutions between the systems. Additional focus will be on projects related to application upgrades and deployments.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
· Identify system optimization and enhancements by working closely with vendors and other IT analysts in order to design and implement effective solutions. Serve as team lead on software version updates/upgrades for all sites. Managing the development and installation of computer / software upgrades , testing, project management and quality control
· Provide on-going support and maintenance of applications executing routine system administration and maintenance activities as required (including after hour coverage if required).
· Act as a subject matter expert and clearly communicate concepts across the different groups influencing the outcomes. Building relationships with the stakeholders (pathologists, lab technologists, directors) and presenting ideas clearly and concisely.
· Coordinate with users and vendors to facilitate timely resolution of software/hardware issues.
· Troubleshoot and resolve laboratory technical issues for laboratory instruments, servers and software, or scientific equipment setup/interfaces.
· Create and maintain system documentation: LIS manual and process documentation.
· Evaluate reported software problems and determine course of action for resolution.
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to prioritize multiple activities and objectives in a rapidly changing environment and deliver quality service.
· Participates in special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 2-5 years of experience as a Lead Lab Tech or Med Tech Background strongly preferred
- Must have clinical background/experience
- Knowledge of Orchard Harvest LIS System preferred
- Experience with interfaces, SQL, HL7 and other reporting tools
- Excellent written, oral, instructional and presentation skills
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and works with multiple teams
This company provides a modern office environment, state-of-the-art equipment and technology as well as competitive benefits and salary. Their benefits include medical, dental, free copays for employees who see their facilities physicians, discounted vision glasses, life insurance, AD&D insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401k and profit sharing, flexible spending plans, and more.