MANAGER, FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS (Finance – Albany, NY)
Salary: $105,000 – $125,000
Description: seeking an experienced finance professional to support the agency’s financial planning function and act as a business partner for key departments such as Underwriting and Claims Services. This position will report to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis and will play an active role in the department’s expansion toward enhanced analytics as a foundation for optimized decision-making. Candidate must be a New York State resident or willing to relocate.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist with preparation of annual budget utilizing top down analysis and use of workflow tools such as Hyperion
• Support Hyperion implementation and interact with Information Technology Department to finalize requirements definition. Must be result-driven and able to overcome challenges to bring a highly visible project to completion
• Prepare quarterly reports by department, monthly forecasts and provide insightful variance analysis
• Update dashboards and various financial decks such quarterly board package • Ensure the Finance Department meets various guidelines set forth by Internal Controls Department and the Executive Project Management Office (EPMO)
• Contribute to ad-hoc reporting such as Activity Based Costing Analysis, headcount management, segment reporting and profitability analysis
• Alert management on any risks and deficiencies of the business as illustrated by automated tools and KPI monitoring
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years of relevant experience. Preference may be given to candidates with a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Finance, or Accounting and candidates who are Certified Public Accountants (CPAs).
Must possess a background in finance & accounting.
Must have experience with GL and system implementation, ideally Hyperion.
Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, lookups and macros are required.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in insurance or financial services highly preferred. Information technology or financial project management experience a plus. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and will be able to identify or troubleshoot complex business challenges while maintaining a good rapport with management and key stakeholders.
Primary Location: Albany, NY Travel: Minimal travel required
Schedule: Monday – Friday