Manager Transmission Revenue Requirement & Pricing Analysis
The Manager, Transmission Revenue Requirement & Pricing Analysis, is resposible for Company’s transmission Cost of Service processes and pricing analysis. Company has transitioned from a “stated rate” to a “formula rate” cost recovery for our transmission rate filings, and the Manager will be responsible for managing the associated processes . The incumbent will provide hands-on leadership to the analysts on the team and is also expected to be the face of the transmission revenue requirement and cost recovery function, representing the group in cross-functional internal and external groups and meetings, as well as supporting senior management’s decision making in ragrds to financial aspects aspects associated with the Company’s transmission industry.
- Oversee staff and manage the transmission Cost of Service (“COS”) process.
- Collect data from other groups within company which are inputs to the COS formula.
- Responsible for development, enumeration, maintenance and update of procedure manuals concerning the development of the Annual Transmission Revenue Requirement (“ATRR”). Procedures will outline data flows, personnel required for functions, interactions of various groups within company needed to take place, timeline of events and actions, and where products will be stored; where they need to be filed and what their use and importance is.
- Ensure that company’s ATRR update contains accurate and defendable information.
- Responsibility for all timely regulatory filings.
- Prepare all requested ad hoc financial analysis requested by senior management.
- Represent the Transmission Revenue Requirements group thought company.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of utility regulations, Public Service Commission (PSC) policies and rulings, and FERC policy required.
- Working knowledge of transmission rate making concepts is required.
- Specific work with filing stated rate or formula rate cases before FERC, the PSC or another regulatory bodies for transmission rate cases is highly desirable.
- Ability to understand and summarize contracts, legal rulings and government regulations is required.
- Detail-oriented and organized with superior analytical abilities
- Ability to analyze financial, marketing and operational data and integrate into financial models.
- Ability to develop a financial model from scratch, or to modify an existing one for variations in methodology, power programs, or any other changes affecting company.
- Knowledgeable of compnay's policies practices and procedures.
- Understanding of comnpany’s business model, financial processes and customers preferred.
- Ability to proactively address concerns or issues and work independently.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills. Highly competent writing skills with ability to summarize complicated matters for a variety of audiences is required.
- Capable of handling highly confidential information discretely and responsibly.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to handle significant work load and fast paced environment with multiple projects, timelines and due dates is required.
- Capability to multi-task and prioritize tasks and anticipate needs.
- Self-motivated and with the capability of independent decision-making and able to take in information, make decisions and provide guidance and feedback to others regarding next steps.
- Capable of integrating complex interactions among all business units within company.
- Ability to quickly pick-up on complex technical issues as well as political and interpersonal issues.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate tasks and work in teams.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or a business relative field is required.
- MBA or a Graduate Degree in Finance or another business relative field is preferred.
- Rate making/Cost of Service experience is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of finance experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of management/supervisory experience or team lead experience is required.
- Energy/utility industry experience is required.