The Project Administrator Assistant is responsible in part for the financial, administrative and Customer-relations success of the projects to which the department is assigned. Major objectives include assisting the Project Administrator in project management to ensure that each project is completed to the satisfaction of the customer and within the parameters as defined by the contract.
- The Project Administrator Assistant reports to the Project Administrator.
- Excellent work ethic
- Bilingual – Must be able to communicate in English and Spanish both verbal and written
- Computer skills, including Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and one or more project management systems
- Team player and strong communicator
- Honesty, integrity and a strong desire to succeed
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to manage multiple mid-scale projects simultaneously
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and manage time well
- Quick learner who focuses on high productivity and results
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Self-starter with proactive attitude who can anticipate needs and achieve success with minimum direction
- 2 – 4 years of administrative support in the construction field is desirable
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains and continuous awareness of all bidding opportunities in order to assist the Project Administrator in executing project set-up in an expedient manner
- Reviews the contract in conjunction with the Project Administrator and verifies that all aspects of the contract agree with the bid; brings differences to light to be addressed with the Customer.
- Documents job specific critical data for distribution to Field Management, Financial Manager, & HR Assistant.
- Maintains the Project Log and assigns the Project Number
- Prepares the Facility Information Sheet
- Secures qualified Subcontractors, if necessary and creates subcontract agreements
- Provides necessary contracts.
- Researches qualification of Subcontractor and ability to perform.
- Secures all permits, licenses, bonds, and insurance certificates.
- Work with HR and Office Assistant when a new license is required.
- Ensure that all permits, licenses, bonds, and insurance certificates are billed to the client as appropriate.
- Contacts client and requests the “Line-by-Lines”, preferably electronically.
- Creates the Project and Field Books and distributes to Field crew.
- Creates the weekly field schedule with the PA and disseminates it when complete
- Finalizes the project schedule with the Project Administrator
- Completes to buyout of all CSC supplied material and equipment and issues purchase orders to all subcontractors and vendors to establish commitments for project costs.
- Ensures the proper administration and filing of project documentation, including the project contract, field reports, Change Orders, shop drawings, submittals, correspondence, specifications, purchase orders and other related project documentation.
- Ensures that Change Orders are submitted to and approved by the Customer in a timely manner.
- Approves vendor and subcontractor invoices to ensure that the costs agree with the PO and match the work performed or material received.
- Assists the Financial Manager in the preparation of invoices to ensure that all contracts are invoiced as soon as the work is completed, including Change Orders.
- Works with the Project Administrator to coordinate and schedule the final inspections and receipt of all necessary certificates; closes permits.
- Ensures that the project is properly closed out, including: final completion of the Field and Office Project Books; return of materials and rental equipment; and completion of all job related reports and forms.
- Following up with the line by line changes after the walk through
- Manage all Home Depot Service calls in Puerto Rico and St. Thomas VI
- Field client service calls for assigned projects/clients
- Create line by lines and follow up for Small Business projects when assigned
- Work with President on scheduling and completion of personal projects
- Following up on Labor Rates as they apply to current projects
- Maintains professional, cooperative relationships with subcontractors, engineers, architects and Customers.
- Complies with corporate policies and procedures.
- Puerto Rico bidding