Revenue & Pricing Analyst
The Revenue & Pricing Analyst is mainly responsible for preparing generation and transmission asset revenue requirement/cost-of service studies; developing rate and cost recovery mechanisms and energy market evaluation and analysis; and all additional functions essential to calculate the costs of providing transmission and production services to our customers for the purpose of cost recovery. Once costs have been finalized, the analyst will translate the results into comprehensive pricing mechanisms to assure appropriate electric commodity and transmission cost recovery. Additional responsibilities will be to establish billing procedures and to produce market competitiveness analyses for company's customers.
- Maintain existing and support the development of any new company's governmental and business customer cost-of-service (COS) studies and commodity rate models.
- Provide support with developing any new cost recovery methods and run the existing monthly cost recovery reconciliations, including governmental and Recharge New York customer Energy Charge Adjustment (ECA) processes. Analyze the ECA results for reporting to internal and external customers.
- Collaborate in the execution of the rate setting processes, inclusive of performing impact analysis on costumer bills, gathering rate assumptions and inputs, developing supporting rate data, and verifying rate outputs for accuracy.
- Analyze and validate proper costs assessment to customers, including those assessed through cost-of-service and ECAs.
- Validate and issue for billing governmental customer delivery rates and surcharges.
- Develop customer savings/cost comparison by using existing market analysis models, including gathering internal requirements, setting up monthly rate inputs and adjusting the models to appropriately reflect electric market conditions in NYS.
- Provide support with the preparation of various COS and rate related Trustee items.
- Publish and maintain the accuracy of the rates stored in the SAP billing system, as well as internal and external rate data postings.
- Stay abreast of rate filings and research rate setting trends in public and private utilities, as they affect customer costs.
- Assist with development of company's Annual Transmission Revenue Requirement, including collecting and analyzing data for accuracy within company for the inputs into the process and monthly NTAC calculations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of the utility industry and NYISO market is required.
- Intermediate knowledge of economics, finance and accounting concepts and theories.
- Excellent analytical skills required, including the ability to perform statistical and quantitative analysis.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial, marketing and utility tariff data.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel at an advanced level, including functions such as: pivot tables/charts, advanced sorting, vlookup, match, offset, data linking to Access databases, import of data from Excel, CSV and other flat file formats. Excel test will be given at interview.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to clearly explain and present concepts in multiple areas of expertise to peers.
- Ability to anticipate problems/issues, streamline and propose solutions as appropriate is required.
- Ability to work in a team environment is required.
- Ability to assure quality control in all functions of responsibility.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Math or related discipline.
- MBA or other graduate degree is preferred.
- Depending on Hiring Grade, minimum of 2 to 4 years of directly relevant analytical experience is preferred.
- Depending on Hiring Grade, minimum of 2 years of utility pricing and market analysis experience is preferred.