Risk Insurance Analyst
The Insurance Analyst assists in the evaluation of the company’s exposure to risks of uncertain loss. The Analyst reviews, negotiates and approves insurance requirements for contracts, including permits and agreements, to ensure the company’s assets, including its personnel, are adequately protected. The Analyst also provides guidance and direction to site personnel in the administration of Insurance Risk Management programs.
- Analyze the insurance program and recommend the purchase and placement of insurance policies.
- Assist in the overall management of the company insurance programs.
- Analyze and recommend the procurement of the company’s insurance policies including the negotiation of renewals.
- Review terms and conditions of company insurance policies to ensure the policies have been issued correctly.
- Analyze and design strategies for pursuing coverage for multi-million dollar claims to achieve maximum cost-effective recovery.
- Interpret damage and indemnity provisions and insurance requirements for contracts, agreements and permits, requested by or required of external organizations, and provide expertise and guidance to company personnel for implementation or negotiation of such requirements.
- Identify potential insurance risks and make recommendations as to minimizing risks.
- Coordinate, prepare and authorize company Certificates of Insurance (COI) and review external COI for compliance with company contract requirements.
- Attend and coordinate all phases of property and boiler and machinery site inspections with insurance representatives and site personnel.
- Perform other assignments/duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Solid analytical/quantitative skills with the ability to analyze data and report results
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Working knowledge of insurance and its practical application
- Strong computer skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Risk Management or similar
- Minimum of 5 years insurance and analytical experience
- Experience in performing analytical analysis such as total cost of risk (TCOR) and total insured value (TIV)
- Approximately 10% travel primarily in New York State
- Valid NYS Driver’s License