Senior Director Business Intelligence Analytics
The Senior Director Business Intelligence Analytics plays an integral part in shaping the direction and on-going strategy for the organization. The role requires a visionary who will engage with business leaders across the organization to formulate and analyze operational and financial data in innovative ways to demonstrate risk-reward trade-offs, identify opportunities for business efficiency and growth. The Senior Director assumes a leadership role in developing and executing strategic, quantitative and technological solutions to support robust decision making, and leads and oversees the Risk/Business Intelligence and Analytics team within Risk Management department.
The ideal candidate will assert themselves as a thought leader and quickly become a 'go-to' resource for gaining insight from operational and financial information. The role requires an analytics leader, to have an ability to turn analytics and data into action, and to lead a team of professionals as tehy find and exploit value from risk based data and deliver value to the bsuiness.
- Deliver analytical, data-driven solutions which add measurable and specific business value.
- Collaborate with the strategy team which develops and drives business strategy and organizational vision and direction.
- Lead and participate in the development and on-going support of ris- based predictive models and decisioning platforms in support of the business goals and objectives.
- Lead and participate in the on-going development and support of enterprise-level reporting, dashboards, scorecards, and multidimensional data analysis solutions
- Collaborate and engage with the enterprise Data Analytics team.
- Formulate and align BI Analytic capability to broad corporate and specific business unit strategies.
- Continuously take a forward-looking view by researching, validating and proposing new and industry best-practice technical and functional solutions. Encourage the business to think beyond current practices and boundaries.
- Employ advanced tools and techniques (decision science, probability, statistics and/or applied mathematics) to deliver innovative thinking and best-in-class solutions.
- Drive option-based thinking and develop various real-option models as necessary.
- Collaborate with business leaders to enhance the existing data warehouse and ensure that analytics initiatives are properly supported and incorporated within the BI platform.
- Communicate and promote the BI Analytics mission, objectives and strategy across the entire organization.
- Work closely with Business users and other team members to clearly understand the business needs and translate into detailed technical requirements.
- Analyze complex and undefined problems and consider the best solution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to leverage data, quantitative analysis and advanced analytics to deliver actionable insights, guide strategic decisions and directly drive business results.
- Proven experience developing and supporting an enterprise data warehouse and business intelligence platform.
- Proven experience with financial analysis and costing methodologies.
- Expert knowledge of machine learning, statistical practices and the construction of models and algorithms to drive decision making.
- Ability to deliver insight to internal or external business owners by building on a technical foundation that includes an understanding of modeling techniques and a strong grasp of statistics
- Strong expertise in statistical modeling tools such as R and Python.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to manage and perform tasks/processes that involve multi-departmental issues and personnel.
- Ability to identify and analyze critical issues and activities and draw conclusions and formulate recommended solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess a strong aptitude in development and testing techniques.
- Passion for learning new technical tools and business concepts.
- Able to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Highly organized and motivated with effective time/project management skills; able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Diligent, meticulous, self-reliant, flexible, creative, good judgement.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance math or computer science.
- Masters in data analytics, data modeling, data science or statistics (or related field) is highly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a leadership role in Advanced Analytics and Business Intelligence or quantitative risk modeling.
- Experience in developing and deploying complex, new analytics and driving business insight and innovative strategic directions.
- Experience in Enterprise Commodity Risk Management Platforms.