Senior Manager PMO COE
Sr. Manager, Information Technology (IT) Project Management Office (PMO) Center of Excellence provides leadership and management capability to implementing IT solutions.
Planning and Budget
- Participate in compiling of the IT application budgets during budget season.
- Provide monitoring, tracking and summaries of the financial performance against both operating budgets and capital expenditure for IT projects.
- Responsible for overseeing the invoice management for IT projects.
- Responsible for maintaining the IT PMO methodology and managing IT’s PMO compliance to industry regulations.
- Responsible for overseeing detailed project plans, confirming project scope, and managing stakeholders for multiple PMO COE activities.
- Maintain compliance to the policies and standards for the PMO organization.
- As a member of the Strategic Technology Enterprise Projects Committee (STEP) is expected to provide insight and thought leadership on IT Strategies.
- Along with the Director and CIO managing and reporting on exceptions via System Review Board.
- Assume responsibility for PMO governance of application project portfolio and participate in the development of IT strategic planning sessions.
- Provide leadership to project managers within IT, developing a training curriculum and budget for formalizing project manager training. Provide oversight and direction for all PMO projects and initiatives.
- Oversee structure, processes, and procedures to accomplish objectives, which include metrics of success and associated deliverables. Alignment entails understanding a top-down vision, with goals and objectives from the business strategy flowing through to successful completion of projects for program objectives.
- Ensure quality assurance includes checks and balances for compliance with standards and vision alignment. Perform regular reviews for accountability, stakeholder expectations, and vendors’ or service suppliers’ performance.
- Facilitate best practice sharing across the enterprise.
- Create and manage the COE’s knowledge management portal.
- Provide technical and administrative guidance to a team of technology professionals engaged in project management, budget management, financial administration / invoice processing, status reporting, and portfolio management.
- Maintain customer relationships; provide business process expertise and guidance on solutions to business problems and challenges.
- Develop /oversee the training, development and adoption of a project management discipline within IT.
- Responsible for collaborating across the enterprise to identify and develop best practices and methodology standards and facilitate their adoption.
- Oversee the IT portfolio, monitoring projects and progress.
- Manage, attract and retain talent within the team, providing day to day direction, feedback, developmental guidance, performance appraisals, recommendations on goals and reward recommendations.
- Other responsibilities, e.g. manage contractors / vendor management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Basic Knowledge and Skills
- Company business including operation, customer, back office, and NYISO business processes.
- Company applications including SAP/ERP, Maximo, NYISO applications, Sharepoint, and others.
- Company application platform including database, application servers, middleware, and security policies/protocols.
- Company LAN, SAN, hardware, VMWare, network, telecommunications, and other infrastructure/Data Center environments.
System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) skills and experience
- Technical skills in all phases of SDLC techniques (i.e. Waterfall / Agile / Iterative).
- Broad understanding of IT industry project management trends and tools as they apply to providing solutions to stated business issues and opportunities.
Management skills and experience
- Planning with priorities and flexible capability based on the business focus shifting.
- Build a high performing team in rapid business and technology changing environment.
- Collaboration with other teams company wide.
Project Management skills and experience
- PMI project management methodology.
- Providing oversight of project manager performance and project success.
- Experience managing large complex projects and programs.
- Leadership of project teams including sponsors, stakeholders and project participants.
- Effective project communication of project information and status.
- Electric Utility Industry Perspective Knowledge.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Computer Sciences or related education is required.
- Master’s Degree in Business (e.g. MBA) or Computer Sciences is preferred.
- 10+ years in IT Project Management / Business Process Development.
- Minimum 12 years quality experience (or a minimum of 15 years of directly related experience for non-degree holders including at least 12 years in Project /Program management) which include the following capacity:
- Leading and managing day to day PMO activities.
- Multi-methodology project delivery.
- SDLC knowledge including design, build, test, and deployment.
- Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Certifications / Other: PMP, MS Office, PPM Tool Usage.
Overnight travel to the various company locations within New York State.