Supplier Relationship Manager
The Supplier Relationship Manager plays a vital role facilitating communication and business relationships with external suppliers. Reporting to the Director of Supplier Relationship Management, this position will develop and execute strategies for the Supplier Management function. This position will be responsible to ensure company operates in a strategic and goal oriented manner by enabling the goals of the Supplier Relationship Management and Strategic Supply Management (SSM) groups.
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Lead the execution of the SRM function to create value, drive continuous improvement, and provide realized savings to company by applying supplier relationship management leading practices.
- On an annual and ongoing basis support the, creation, execution, and communication of the supplier relationship strategy to the Authority and align to internal business partners’ requirements.
- Lead the execution of the SRM practice strategies, initiatives, and technology enablement.
- Develop, deepen and maintain trusted and collaborative relationships with business partners and stakeholders to ensure SSM is seen as a valued partner and appropriately involved in business decisions. Also work with business partners and the leaders of Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and Contract Management to set and monitor improvement programs for the suppliers in terms of quality, cost and delivery.
- Lead and facilitate the usage of Ariba Supplier Performance and Information Management throughout the company to drive strategic thought and initiatives.
- Category Management
- Execute models to evaluate supplier capabilities with respect to expertise, industry, capacity, quality, operating model, financial stability, strategic positioning in the market, etc. Report on any discrepancies and develop recommendations for resolution.
- Lead supplier segmentation analysis and implementation.
- Lead the working management of mutually beneficial and strategic relationships with new and existing suppliers to drive improvements in key business areas (cost, risk, delivery, quality, etc.) and support contract negotiation.
- Assist in driving opportunities to increase utilization of local and diverse suppliers through identification, communications, strategic sourcing and progress reporting.
- Contract Management
- Ownership of communications with the Contract Management Team on supplier related contracts, monitoring adherence and performance. Compare contract terms and agreements against the supplier’s performance related variables.
- Lead and collaborate with necessary parties to identify and remedy contract terms leakage.
- Procurement Analytics
- Collaborate on creative solutions, such as detailed cost modelling, to improve supplier performance.
- 10% Leading high priority projects that impact Procurement function
- Maintain knowledge of other initiatives / projects in the company that may interact with / affect SSM’s performance and operations and collaborate with necessary stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly collaborative individual, who has proven ability to work cross functionally and build trusted and collaborative relationships with senior executives across all business units to achieve results.
- Strong leadership skills with the proven ability to lead and execute strategic business initiatives and provide strategic planning.
- Capable of building organization from the ground up including long term vision and goals.
- Experience in training and developing key resources.
- Breadth and depth of knowledge of supply chain management concepts in procurement, receiving, supplier relationship management, and equipment management, and ability to demonstrate mastery in several of these areas.
- Breadth and depth of knowledge of social economics, accounting principles, the concept of total cost of ownership (TCO), cost management and process improvement, and ability to demonstrate mastery in several of these areas.
- Deep procurement experience with the proven ability to establish supplier relationship management capabilities to drive compliance and performance.
- Familiarity with Ariba (or other electronic scorecarding system) Supplier Information and Performance Management system – Preferred
- Strong knowledge of the Power Utility services and equipment categories and/or supply market – Preferred
- Proven experience developing and implementing policies and procedures – Preferred
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Information Management, or similar.
- Advanced degree – Preferred
- CPM/CPSM, CSCP or equivalent certification – Preferred
- Minimum 7 years of leadership/management experience with large and/or complex work efforts.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a procurement organization, clearly exposed and performing Strategic Sourcing and/or Supplier Relationship Management.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the Utilities industry – Preferred
Office location: White Plains, NY
Travel requirements: <10%, may travel among sites from time to time, and potentially attend the more critical meetings that may take place at supplier locations.