Treasurer/Special Investment Officer) POSITION LOCATED IN ALBANY!
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. Candidate must also have a minimum of five years’ experience leading Treasury, Receivables Management and/or Collection efforts and middle office investment functions.
Travel required 1-2 days per week. Candidates must be New York State residents or willing to relocate.
Seeking candidate with the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Strong managerial skills, team building, and organizational skills
• Treasury Management Certification
• Experience with leading business process improvement and systems transformation Illustrative Duties: The Treasurer is responsible for oversight of the receivables management area, including cash management, collections and refunds, as well as investments’ middle office operations. The Treasurer is part of the Executive team and reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Overseeing cash management and collections operations for company’s Workers Compensation and Disability Benefits Funds;
• Managing company’s middle office investments operation by anticipating funds available for investment and validating all trades prior to settlement;
• Ensuring the accuracy and effectiveness of the agency’s billing programs;
• Liaising with the Executive Project Management Office regarding the ongoing modernization of systems and workflows;
• Maintaining broker database for trade clearance;
• Authorizing all corporate actions for the agency;
• Liaising with NYS Department of Taxation & Finance, the legal custodian of company accounts;
• Overseeing company’s banking relationships; and
• Preparing and presenting reports to Board of Commissioners and Executive Staff as necessary.