Provide critical support to the Treasury team in the areas of cash management, debt management and reporting. The position supports the Treasurer’s and Deputy Treasurer’s management of the Company’s $1.8 billion debt program; $500 million derivative program; and prepares various financial reports for distribution to Senior Management and internal customers. Support many of the functions within Treasury.
- Support in the administration of the Company’s Variable Rate Commercial Paper Notes, which are short-term money market debt instruments issued to the investor community. This includes preparation and tracking of new issuances and retirements, monitoring and determining appropriate maturity restrictions, and understanding the dynamics of the short-term interest rate environments.
- Perform all functions of the Treasury Specialist in his/her absence. Responsibilities include reconciling bank balances, forecasting cash available for investment, execution of Repurchase Agreements (overnight or term investments) in adherence to the Company’s internal investment guidelines, and entering trade and wire information into internet based banking systems.
- Provide debt management support through the use of excel and third party proprietary software such as DBC Debt Manager and/or DBC finance to track all fixed rate debt related activities, such as new debt issuances, retirements and refunding initiatives.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports and analyses for distribution to Senior Management and/or the Trustees.
- Prepare annual budget forecasts under the direction of Treasury Management and upload the final budget into SAP. Monitor Treasury budget variances quarterly.
- Support in the administration and development of various reports of the Company’s interest rate derivative programs. This includes providing monthly updates on the interest rate swap accruals for the Company’s outstanding interest rate swaps and interest rate caps and preparing the quarterly report for the Board of Trustees.
- Review and process Asset Manager and broker/dealer invoices to insure accuracy and resolve any discrepancies between submitted values and the Company’s calculated fees.
- Provide the Company’s custodial banks with updated banking information as internal personnel or financial changes occur; research and respond to bond holder inquiries; maintain bond holder relationships on a continuing basis.
- Primary contact for annual financial report audit field work performed by Company’s external audit firm. Respond to inquiries, data requests and serve as a bank liaison with financial institutions for providing audit confirms.
- Manage banking relationships on the Company’s approximately 40 bank and custody accounts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other work-related systems: Bloomberg System, Investment Management System (PORTIA), SAP, internet banking systems
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to interface with brokers, dealers, bank representatives and internal and external counsel on cash, debt and investment rated issues
- Ability to identify and resolve discrepancies with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize work assignments to ensure the smooth operation of the department
- Demonstrate the ability to initiate and implement improvements to Treasury procedures
- High degree of flexibility to perform a diverse scope of duties which are key to the efficient operation of the Treasury
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor degree, or an Associate degree combined with relevant business experience
- Minimum of 3 years of Treasury, Finance or Business experience is required.
- Experience with utility or government sector is preferred.